Visit NFL from the sidelines on the new Observer-Reporter site: http://www.observer-reporter.com/section/BLOGS08

Saturday, September 03, 2005

O-RFL draft

The Observer-Reporter Football League had its draft Friday night. The first round of the 14-team draft went like this: LaDanian Tomlinson, Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, Peyton Manning, Priest Holmes, Deuce McAlister, Willis McGahee, Jamal Lewis, Julius Jones, Randy Moss, Tiki Barber, Ahman Green, Steven Jackson and Corey Dillon.

Picking in the 10th spot, I had to decide between taking Moss, Jackson, Clinton Portis or Brian Westbrook. I decided on Moss and was fortunate enough to get Westbrook with my second round pick.

In the third round, I grabbed Carnell "Cadillac" Williams, the player I feel will win NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year honors. I also grabbed Michael Pittman later in the draft, just to cover myself.

My fourth-round pick was Roy Williams, whom I'll pair with Moss to give me a nice receiving tandem.

Overall, my draft looked like this:
QB: Brett Favre
RB: Westbrook, C. Williams, Pittman, Stephen Davis - he'll start for Carolina - Larry Johnson and Brandon Jacobs.
WR: Moss, R. Williams, Chris Chambers, Terry Glenn and Sammie Parker
K: John Kasay
D: Panthers, Chiefs

We don't have to start a tight end, so I'll have to pick the better matchup between Chambers and Glenn every week. But, if Davis plays as he should, I could deal him for a receiver.

I'm rolling the dice with just one QB, but Favre never gets hurt and he doesn't have his bye until midway through the season. By then, I'll find a QB to start that week.

No comments: