With April now nearly here, it's time to start thinking about mock drafts. Over the next couple of days, I'll be posting my first round, 10 or so picks at a time.
1. Houston, Reggie Bush, RB, USC. A no-brainer, really, unless they trade the pick.
2. New Orleans, Mario Williams, DE, North Carolin State. After signing Drew Brees, the Saints are primed to trade this pick to a team looking for a QB.
3. Tennessee, Vince Young, QB, Texas. Young is close with Steve McNair and is a similar quarterback.
4. New York Jets, Matt Leinart, QN, USC. It’s my belief that the Jets will want to trade up for Leinart. They may not have to.
5. Green Bay, A.J. Hawk, OLB, Ohio State. The Packers were awful on defense last year. Hawk is outstanding.
6. San Francisco, Michael Huff, DB, Texas. The 49ers wanted Hawk, but settle for Huff, who can play corner or safety.
7. Oakland, Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland. Davis was the workout star of the combine and can stretch the field.
8. Buffalo, D’Brickshaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia. This is a stroke of luck for Buffalo, which struck out with former top pick Mike Williams.
9. Detroit, Winston Justice, OT, USC. No wide receiver for the fourth year in a row.
10. Arizona, Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon. Great offense needs defensive stoppers.