Visit NFL from the sidelines on the new Observer-Reporter site: http://www.observer-reporter.com/section/BLOGS08

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Best guess

After speaking with Willie Parker after practice today, I'd have to say he's not going to play Sunday in Cincinnati.

As I understand it, Parker practiced Monday with no problems, but came back with some discomfort and sat out practice Wednesday.

Parker refused to answer questions in regards to his MCL sprain, referring all questions to Mike Tomlin.

I would say that Mewelde Moore gets his second start in place of Parker as the Steelers try to get their starting running back completely healthy for the long run.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he is not 100%, I would not risk 39 to start or even play in the game. If we can get another strong week out of Moore, and at the same time get Willie back to full strength against the Giants, I think it's a no-brainer.

Dale Lolley said...

I would have to agree. They have a competent replacement.

Patrick said...

I'll be shocked if he plays, like you guys said, its just not a great idea.

I'd like to see Gary Russell just pound it this game. It seems like the Bengals D would be good for that and might give him some confidence/experience for if we need him down the line. I think this could also help keep Ben on the turf and give him an easy week health wise.

Patrick said...

off the turf..... for Ben that is

Unknown said...

Dale, I heard a nasty rumor that the Steelers'"FWP stepped in a hole story" was a cover-up. Think (or know) that there's any truth to this?

Anonymous said...

I don't know about a cover up, or a Willie-Gate, but I have noticed Tomlin is very quiet and vaue on injuries...almost like our friends in New England.

Dale Lolley said...

Tomlin is very secretive about injuries, more so than Cowher was.
Didn't hear anything about a hole.

Anonymous said...

I don't care so much if FWP is just out for a game and will be 100% soon. In a way, it could be beneficial to the Steelers as the season progresses. If Moore and Russell play well vs Cincy, then maybe they won't be forgotten men later in the season. Moore shouldn't be after his performances against Balt and Jax, but I never know with this coaching staff.

If on the other hand, FWP aggravated the injury to the extent that he will miss several weeks, then that's obviously not a good thing.