Now that we're in April, my thoughts turn completely to the NFL draft and that means it's time to start mock drafting.
Here's my first stab. It will change as more information pours in and teams continue to jockey around with their rosters - such as the McNabb trade and Bulger release.
But here we go:
1. St. Louis, Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
2. Detroit, Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
3. Tampa Bay, Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
4. Washington, Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State - The McNabb trade assures the top four picks come from the Big 12
5. Kansas City, Brian Baluga, OT, Iowa - Eric Berry is very tempting here, but the Kansas City braintrust comes from New England, where they think safeties and corners can be had in later rounds.
6. Seattle, C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
7. Cleveland, Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
8. Oakland, Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma - The third Sooner to go in the top 10.
9. Buffalo, Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
10. Jacksonville, Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech - Even though they already signed Aaron Kampman to a big deal, the Jags need to pump up a pass rush that was dead last in 2009.
11. Denver, Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
12. Miami, Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
13. San Francisco, Joe Haden, CB, Florida
14. Seattle, Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
15. N.Y. Giants, Mike Iupati, G, Idaho
16. Tennessee, Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
17. San Francisco, Anthony Thomas, OT, Rutgers
18. Pittsburgh, Earl Thomas, S, Texas - The Steelers would probably prefer that Iupati fall to them, but that just hasn’t been the way the draft has worked out for them in recent years.
19. Atlanta, Sean Weatherspoon, LB. Missouri
20. Houston, Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State
21. Cincinnati, Taylor Mays, S, USC
22. New England, Brandon Graham, DE/LB, Michigan
23. Green Bay, Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
24. Philadelphia, Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
25. Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma - Todd Heap isn’t getting any younger and has always had problems staying healthy.
26. Arizona, Sergio Kindle, DE/LB, Texas
27. Dallas, Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
28. San Diego, Terrance Cody, DT, Alabama - It’s too early for the Chargers to take an every-down running back and they need help at NT.
29. N.Y. Jets, Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
30. Minnesota, Jahvid Best, RB, California
31. Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida - Jeff Saturday will be 35 in a couple of months.
32. New Orleans, Everson Griffen, DE, USC